Pages

1.13.2011



Today I was so happy to be reminded that there are still good people out there...

I was on my way home to Indy and I needed to stop and get gas. I chose the same pump that I always go to at any gas station, creature of habit, and this was a mistake. I swiped my card, and the pump ended up being broken. I went inside to let them know, and to make sure I would not be paying for someone else's gas later. After this my card would not work because they had already put the hold on my account and I was not able to get gas. I have this terrible habit of running my gas tank to Empty, and beyond empty. I know it is bad for my car, no need to remind me. Anyways, I was stuck at the gas station. I called the bank and they told me I had to deliver a letterhead from BP stating all this information in order for the money to be credited back. With this process I would have to wait 2 business days, so I wouldnt get it till monday. Lovely. I decided to wait until BP processed their transactions which, the manager assured me, would be tonight. I went out to my car, and was starting to make a call to have someone rescue me, when I look and see the manager standing at my window. She smiled and said that she was coming to put gas in my car. I was not too keen on this idea, and tried to convince her that I would be fine. She was very persistent and told a story of herself in the same situation. She said that a woman helped her out, and it was her turn.

I have never actually had someone pay it forward, to me, did that make sense? So Kelly, thank you for saving me, even though it was my fault I was stuck. I will never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment