Pages

1.15.2011

Unfortunately...

I am struggling. I am struggling to deal with a love affair.




must all my problems be linked to food? apparently yes, they must :-)

Winter break is coming to a close, and I could not be more happy. It is not that I have run out of exciting things to do; there is always something I can find. It is that I get so anxious towards the end of any break, and I find myself sitting about waiting for the end. It is a silly waste of time. Today I did my best to be productive. I gave cooper a bath, precooked several items for the next few days, and I even went over music for the Opera. That took up like 3 hours of my day. I have absolutely no idea how I managed to waste the other 10 hours of my day. I pretty much spent it grazing and slothing around. Slothing is not a word, but I think you know what I mean.

Tomorrow I will be cleaning my floors, and I am not looking forward the the process or the smell. You see I chose my apartment pretty much because I was in love with the hardwood floors. I did not, however, think through the upkeep that I would be taking on. The floors are waxed, and can only be cleaned with water and vinegar. Sick. That is what I get for giving importance to things that are unnecessary. Is it worth the lovely smoke smell and the crazy lady that constantly yells at her husband(at least im assuming) Chris? Nothing that a little music and candles cant get rid of. Im sticking with pretty floors=happy lady.

I had the privilege of meeting several new friends this last semester at Butler. One of them, Ben Bernthal, is in a band called the accordions, and I cannot get over this video of them. This video gives you a glimpse of some of their sweet instruments. My favorite part is the guy (I believe his name is Kip :-) ) playing the saw... yes, he is bowing a saw. It makes the coolest sound.



You can find the band here

also... my christmas tree is still up. You would think I could spend my time taking that down. That'll be tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment